Weblog Archives
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
May 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006
December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004
March 2004
February 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
July 2003
June 2003
May 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003

Photo Albums

07/20/03 | 07/27/03
04/08/03 | 04/20/03 | 04/28/03
03/09/03 | 03/09/03 | 03/16/03
02/18/03 | 02/20/03 | 02/26/03
01/23/03 | 02/04/03 | 02/15/03
12/16/02 | 12/23/02 | 01/06/03

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Rolling Over?

This morning after my bath, I lifted my legs really high, rolled onto my side and hung out there for a minute. Then I rolled over onto my stomach, kicked my legs really hard and flopped back over on my back. I am not sure if this qualifies as a rollover or not. Mommy and Daddy are waiting for me to do it again, especially Daddy since he was upstairs when it happened. I am also trying really hard to sit up. Daddy got a little frustrated this morning, because I was trying to sit up while I was eating my oatmeal, which meant he was trying to feed a mouth that was pointed down into my chest! It's always rush, rush, rush in the mornings because Mommy and Daddy usually wake up late. I don't know what is so important for them to go do all day, *I* should be the most important thing for them.....RIGHT?

posted by William at 12:20 PM

Monday, April 28, 2003

Weekend of goodbyes.......

This weekend we spent time saying goodbye to many of our friends in Maryland. Friday night we went to Ellicott Mills Brewpub with Dave, Maureen, and Matt. I kept eyeing Daddy's dinner and tried to grab some french fries off Mommy's plate. Saturday afternoon Daddy and I went to the APL Cycling Club spring party while Mommy stayed home and packed. I saw Naomi, Sierra, and their respective parents, and many of the people who used to ride their bikes with Daddy before he had his knee trouble. Sierra showed me how she can rollover, and Naomi tried to show me how to be calm and be a good baby while I was being really fussy for Daddy, but I was too busy being fussy to notice! Saturday night we went to see Ted, Debbie, Logan, and Rylee. Rylee had a neat toy that I liked, very similar to one I play with at daycare. Sunday, Mommy and Daddy packed until mid-afternoon, then we went to buy Daddy a new suit for his big interview. After that, we went to see Matt, Hillary, and Evan. Evan showed me how he can stand up, crawl, and play with all his toys. I sure am going to miss all my friends in Maryland!

A new picture album has been posted!

posted by William at 9:07 AM

Friday, April 25, 2003

Breakfast Shenanigans

I have discovered how to grab things with my feet. This morning while eating my barley, I grabbed Daddy's arm with my feet, pulled my bib in front of my face with one hand, and tried to get my other hand in the cereal! Daddy didn't seem too thrilled with me bringing all my talents together into one big shenanigan. Oh well!

posted by William at 9:39 AM

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Midnight Snack

Last night I departed from my usual 10 p.m.-7 a.m. slumber to have a midnight snack! I started crying in my crib and Daddy came in to rock me back to sleep, but I screamed even louder. He changed my diaper to see if that was what was the matter, but it didn't work. Then Mommy came in and said she would go fix a bottle, because I had that "hungry cry". At least they are catching on! After that I was fine, and went right back to sleep. I think I am in a growing spurt, as Tuesday I had 43 ounces and a bowl of barley, and yesterday I had 47 ounces, a bowl of barley, and a bowl of rice cereal! I normally only eat about 35 ounces and a bowl of rice cereal. What can I say, I am a growing boy!

posted by William at 10:21 AM

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Much Better!

The shots have finally worn off, I am feeling much better today! Mommy and Daddy have been busy working around the house to get us ready for ths big move, but there is still so much left to do. If we leave as scheduled, it will be a miracle!

posted by William at 8:41 AM

Tuesday, April 22, 2003


My trip to the doctor ended with the nurse sticking me four (!!!!!) times. I did not like it at all. I got really mad and screamed my head off! Mommy took me home and held me all day though while I slept. Then Daddy came home and after he sanded the picture hanger holes that he filled, he held me while I slept too. I still don't feel very well this morning. They took my measurements again, and I weigh 18 pounds 13.6 ounces now, and am 26.75 inches long. My car seat is rated up to 22 pounds, so I guess Mommy and Daddy are going to need to get me a new car seat in a month or so.

posted by William at 8:48 AM

Monday, April 21, 2003

New Picture Album

Pictures from our hike yesterday have been posted. Today I go to the doctor to get shots....UGH!

posted by William at 2:38 PM

Sunday, April 20, 2003


Last night we went to the Easter vigil at St. Paul's. I was sleeping while Father Tom did the ceremony for first communions. Afterwards, everyone in the congregation clapped, and I woke up very frightened! I didn't know what was going on, but Mommy was holding me and once they stopped clapping I went back to sleep. Today we are going hiking out in the Shenandoah National Park! We will be sure to take pictures.

posted by William at 8:16 AM

Saturday, April 19, 2003

A few pictures.....

A few nights ago I tried to pull Daddy's lip off:

This morning I sat up in my "bathtub" and managed to cover my "parts" for a picture:

posted by William at 6:41 PM

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Another Stroller Ride

I was fussy again last night. I didn't nap very well at daycare because they had the windows open and it was HOT! It got up to 86 degrees yesterday. That is probably why I was fussy last night. So Daddy took me on another stroller ride. One of the neighbors was so happy to get to meet me, but she had just finished yardwork and was dirty so she didn't want to hold me. Mommy and Daddy weren't too chipper this morning because our electricity went off last night and it was raining, so they went and picked things up off the floor in the basement in case the sump overfilled. It was chilly this morning, so maybe I can nap at school today. What am I going to do when I get to Texas and it's 100 degrees?!?

posted by William at 2:15 PM

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Evening Stroller Ride

Last night I was fussy, so Daddy took me on a stroller ride while Mommy continued packing. We saw a bunny rabbit, maybe it was the Easter Bunny? Daddy tried to get a picture, but he scurried off before Daddy could get the camera ready. Then I fell asleep, and we headed back home and Daddy successfully transferred me to my crib without waking me up. I slept the rest of the night and didn't get up until 7:00 this morning.

posted by William at 8:55 AM

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

First Bike Ride!

Mommy and Daddy took me out to Patapsco State Park and we hitched up the Burley and went for a ride. I felt the wind in my face as we zoomed along the road! Sometimes the sun got in my eyes and I didn't like that very much. We started at the swinging bridge, and rode all the way around to the other side of the bridge by the railroad tracks. I was hungry, so we stopped there and a train came by while I ate. Daddy got the camera and took some pictures of the train. Then we went across the swinging bridge over the creek and back to the car. It was a little scary, but I got used to it and fell asleep on the way back to the car, and on the way home.

The house is getting packed! Oscar and I make sure to keep moving, because Mommy is packing anything that doesn't move!

posted by William at 9:50 AM


Although many might not read this until it's too late.....the website is obviously having a little trouble. Yahoo Domains deleted our DNS entry, which means that when you type www.chomel.net in your internet browser, it doesn't know where to send your request. Verve Hosting is now transferring our domain name (chomel.net) to their servers, so we should be up and running soon. They will also be hosting the website, so not only will the website be up while we move, it should be alot faster since we aren't subject to our cable modem provider's 128kbps upload speed.

posted by Justin at 9:45 AM

Thursday, April 10, 2003

Possible Downtime

While the chomel.net domain name is transferred to the new hosting service, there may be some downtime and times when you will get e-mail returned to you if you send an e-mail to justin@chomel.net. I think Daddy closed out the account at the old domain registrar too soon, but don't tell him I told you!

posted by William at 9:10 PM

I will miss Mommy and Daddy being so close to my daycare....

I already have a new daycare center to go to in Austin, but I am betting that Mommy and Daddy won't be as close as they are now! Check out this satellite picture showing how close Daddy's office is to my daycare crib (Mommy's office is very close as well):

posted by William at 9:08 AM

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Several things.....

A new photo album has been posted of me playing this past weekend. As you can see below, the packing has already begun! Also, Mommy stopped by and picked up her vase. If you remember, Daddy took me to a pottery studio to make the vase for Mommy as a surprise, but it was destroyed in a kiln accident. So we went back weekend before last and did another vase, and I think it came out really well!

posted by William at 6:50 PM

Monday, April 07, 2003

I thought it was Spring?

Daddy saw ice on the deck this morning. What happened to Spring? Yesterday it was cold. Saturday wasn't much better! So I played with Daddy all weekend while Mommy started packing. Daddy shot a whole roll of black and white film of me on Saturday, hopefully we got a decent picture or two. Saturday night there was trouble though. I was so tired from playing with Daddy that I napped too long in the evening. I couldn't get to sleep Saturday night, which made Mommy and Daddy a little irritable. But the worst was yet to come. I was up at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday morning! I usually sleep about 8 to 9 hours, but I was ready to get up. I cried and cried, but nobody came to get me out of the crib. Then Mommy came in, and she wasn't too happy with Daddy. Daddy usually gets up in the morning to get me out of the crib, but he must have been sleeping and Mommy had to get up. Well, not long after Mommy got up, here comes Daddy. I got everybody up! After I had a bottle, we were all tired so we went back to sleep until almost 10 o'clock. Last night I had a little trouble getting to sleep as well, but Daddy had to wake me up this morning, so maybe I will get back into my routine tonight.

We took pictures of all the boxes Mommy is packing, it should be on the website this evening!

posted by William at 9:20 AM

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Little Burpy

I was a little burpy this morning and made a mess on Daddy's pajamas:

posted by William at 8:07 AM

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Wild Hair!

Mommy was being silly this morning and gave me a wild hairdo after my bath:

posted by William at 8:59 AM

Copyright © 2002-2003 by Justin Chomel. All rights reserved.

Powered by Blogger.